Various servers are being utilized by adware authors to issue advertisements on computers and web browser to generate online profit. For instance, when adware is installed, it constantly show pop-up ads from ad1.adkserve.com. This was considered as adware because it exhibits endorsements outside of the web context. Meaning, it tries to super impose its own material over the visited web page, which is unethical to online advertising world.
ad1.adkserve.com comes into the computer uninvited. Some helplessly inserted this adware onto browser after installing shareware. Malicious web sites, clean web site, Trojans and viruses may also be used to drop this threat onto the computer. It targets widely used browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Commonly ad1.adkserve.com is installed as add-on and acts like a browser helper object (BHO) which automatically run when you use the browser.
In general, pop-up ads from ad1.adkserve.com are the primary mean to generate income while online. Other than that, adware authors plan to collect data and sales leads from the affected computer that will be use to display relevant ads.
ad1.adkserve.com is not identified as malicious address. It is not a surprised even though many computer users complain of its aggressiveness. Keep in mind that this address only shows ads. Malicious code is already in the computer and the only way to detect it is by scanning the computer with installed anti-virus program.
Online Security Scanner Report for ad1.adkserve.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Dec 09, 2013|
|Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Dec 09, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Dec 09, 2013|
ad1.adkserve.com Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to ad1.adkserve.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove ad1.adkserve.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted ad1.adkserve.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of ad1.adkserve.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with ad1.adkserve.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to ad1.adkserve.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. ad1.adkserve.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by ad1.adkserve.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.