aartemis.com browser hijacker and redirect adware is made specifically for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Its main goal is to promote the site via search engine that will override the current settings of the browser. Instead of the default start-up page, you will see aartemis.com in your home page during its presence.
Many people are blaming shareware and freeware for having the redirect malware. They can’t be wrong because aartemis.com is bundled with mentioned programs. This is a trick commonly used by adware authors to spread aartemis.com into computers without user’s knowledge. Although, there’s a way to evade automatic installation by skipping ‘Express Setup’, instead, use the ‘Custom Setup’ and exclude aartemis.com or any unwanted program from the list of software that will be installed on your PC.
Presence of aartemis.com hijacker brings excessive annoyances as you browse the web. It poses as a default search engine, overriding the default start-up settings. Furthermore, any search will be rerouted to the same site or any page as pre-configured by the adware.
All of these irrational actions by aartemis.com aim in increasing web traffic on its own web site. In relation to that, it means to generate online profit through various ads and endorsements. On the bad site, aartemis.com as an adware can gather data from your computer that it will use for future advertising scheme.
Online Security Scanner Report for aartemis.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov 14, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Nov 14, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 14, 2013|
aartemis.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like aartemis.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to aartemis.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to aartemis.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove aartemis.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted aartemis.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of aartemis.com on the affected browser.